From the project’s inception the Magdala Guesthouse was meant to be one of the main host centers for the activities and programs planned for Magdala. Allowing pilgrims to spend a relaxing and comfortable time on this Holy Site to meditate, pray, relax and enjoy the beauty of the Galilee over a few days was always envisioned as a way to help guests find renewal, reconciliation and have an encounter with one´s faith.
The guesthouse is centrally located on the premises and adjacent to Magdala’s First Century Archaeological Park, with south wing rooms offering beautiful views of the archaeology and Duc In Altum, as well as Mt. Arbel and the Sea of Galilee. North wing rooms feature beautiful views to Magdala’s “Living Water” prayer gardens, the Sea of Galilee, Mt. Arbel and Mt. Hermon.
The guesthouse features:
- 150 rooms and suites for those guests desiring to enjoy longer stays.
- Buffet service restaurant combining local and international flavors with an amazing view of the “Living Water Gardens” and Sea of Galilee.
- Lobby cafeteria overlooking Magdala´s first century synagogue and gardens
- St. Josephs Chapel, open 24 hours to in-house guests.
- Business Center offering small working area with free Wi-Fi for guests
- Meeting Rooms and banqueting facilities to host retreats, special events and ceremonies.
- Swimming pool and gym to relax after a long day’s pilgrimage.