Filming in Magdala
Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in filming in Magdala – Crossroads of Jewish and Christian History.
In order to adequately process your film request please read the following terms and conditions.
- Please provide:
1.1 – A brief description of the production and scenes in which Magdala will appear.
1.2 – Desired locations to film on site.
1.3 – You may be required to attach a storyboard as requested by Magdala.
- Requests received within less than 7 working days will not be considered.
- Submission of a request does not guarantee your request will be granted.
- If approved a fee of USD 100 in cash will be paid upon arrival to Magdala at reception. The fee may vary for particularly large productions or those requiring attention from Magdala´s maintenance department as deemed by the property.
- By filming in Magdala you agree to provide credit in the production piece to Magdala, as well as provide a copy of the production/ video/photo material as requested with the date and proof of the publication.
- The film company/producer/author agrees to give Magdala a copy of the final material should it be required without watermarks. Additionally, the film company/producer/author agrees to grant Magdala permission to use the final production, material, “B Roll” or any product derived from the site and containing images of Magdala for Magdala´s own website, and social media or publications as Magdala deems fit. Magdala will accordingly give credit to the author of the material.
- In the case of film or photography, under no circumstances may film or photographs granted though this permit be used for commercial purposes, or grant, the production company, author, videographer or photographer, intellectual property rights over any of the images, art, displays, buildings or other property or content found within Magdala or related to Magdala activities.
- Productions with Magdala may not occur prior to eight o’clock in the morning (8:00 a.m.) nor later than six o’clock in the evening (6:00 p.m.) unless previously agreed, and may incur or need additional fees and/or permits.
- 360º Cameras and Drones are strictly forbidden.
- The applicant agrees to pay in full promptly upon receipt of an invoice, for the costs of repair for any and all damage to Magdala, its staff, visitor or guests, and property, resulting from or in connection with, the production, and restore the property to its condition prior to the production. Magdala holds the right to require a damage deposit for large or particularly intrusive productions.
- Magdala reserves the right to require compliance with any additional regulations and/or requirements in order to assure the public health, welfare, and safety of its employees and volunteers according to Israeli safety codes and legal norms.
- Magdala may at its discretion inspect all structures and/or devices and equipment to be used in connection with the filming and taping.
- Magdala reserves the right to revoke any permits issued in the event of non-compliance with any terms set forth in the final filming permit or if the publication is deemed to not be in the best interest of Magdala.