-Effective 25 May 2018-
We promise to protect your privacy and your data. We never sell your data. We collect and use your data only if you give us permission.
You have the following rights:
- Right to access. You can see what data we have collected whenever you want.
- Right to take your data. The data is yours. You can copy or move it whenever you want.
- Right to erasure. We’ll erase your personal data whenever you say the word. And even if you don’t ask us to delete the data, we’ll keep it only so long as it helps us serve you.
- Right to restrict use. If you want us to stop using your data, we’ll stop.
- Right to lodge a complaint. We will protect your privacy and we will honor your choices. And if you feel we’ve failed in any way, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in your region.
Types of Data We May Need
We will only ask for data that help our products delight you. We’ll only ask for the minimum data we need, depending on the products and services you use. If you don’t want to share your data, some of our products may not work, or work as well. Here is some information we might request:
- Your contact information, including name, email address, and shipping address (for the Magdala Web Store), so that we can contact you or ship items you have requested;
- Your geographic region, including the city and state/province in which you reside, so we can comply with local laws; Language preferences for our newsletter, and other communications we may deem relevant for you.
We may analyze the data we’ve collected based on our regional activity and, if you consent, we may use this data to identify certain audiences, including you, to receive notices on events happening in your area.
Our Magdala Website
If you visit our website, we may collect information using cookies, web beacons, or log file information. Here is some information we might collect:
- Browser type, device type, URL addresses, IP addresses, or operating system type to improve our website, prevent fraudulent activity, understand how visitors use our website, and provide personalized content;
- Geolocation data to understand where visitors reside, and to provide content especially for your location;
- cookie data to personalize our webpage.
If you do business with us, or if you sign up for our business literature, newsletters, conferences, or webinars, we may obtain or supplement your data with information from third parties such as your company name or job title. We may use this information to show you personalized website content or send you necessary documentation following a monetary gift transaction in compliance with all 501(c)(3) non-profit regulations.
The Way We Store and Transfer Data
We’ll transfer and keep your data in secure servers in the USA and Mexico, where our web presence is located and maintained. We use the services of a data controller, who is compliant with the EU-U.S. and the General Data Protection Regulation, subject to enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. This means they have certified that we adhere to the Privacy Principles of notice, choice, and accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity, purpose limitation, access, recourse, enforcement, and liability.
You can also write to us at:
ATTN: Data Privacy
Magdala/New Gate to Peace Foundation
P.O. Box 743210
Atlanta, GA 30384-3210